Anna Mae's Smoky Sweet BBQ Sauce gives a new twist to a classic favorite.
Optional: Use a pre-made pizza dough of choice and simply add sauce & toppings.
To prepare your own Dough:
- 1 package Active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup Water, heated to 95-110 degrees F
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
For Sauce & Toppings:
- 1/4 cup Robert Rothschild Farm Anna Mae’s Smoky Sweet BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Sharp cheddar or other favorite cheese
- 2 Chicken breasts, boneless & pre-cooked
- 1 Red onion, sliced
- 1 jar Artichoke hearts
- Red and green peppers, sliced
In mixer, mix together water, sugar and dry active yeast. Allow to proof for at least 10 minutes. Begin mixing; add salt and 1 cup of flour. Continue adding flour until desired texture of dough is reached. Knead for 8 - 10 minutes. Remove from mixing bowl and continue to knead by hand for 2 - 3 minutes. Roll into ball and place in oiled bowl to rise. Cover with damp cloth and place in warm location. After 15 minutes, knead dough for another minute. Stretch or roll out dough to desired shape and transfer to pan or baking stone. Spread layer of Anna Mae’s Smoky Sweet BBQ Sauce. Top with grated cheeses, chicken, onion, artichokes and peppers. Bake in 450 degrees F oven for 8 - 10 minutes.